Welcome to the Dubai Mall, home to an underwater zoo featuring over 33,000 marine animals, an Olympic size ice hockey arena and Ski Dubai, a literal indoor winter wonderland. Throw in 600+ stores and the world's tallest building (The Burj Khalifa) and you have most over-the-top shopping experience anywhere on the planet!
(Below Left: This is a view of the mall from above. A man-made lake encircles the mall and living residences. Below Right: The lake has a nightly water show which is bigger than then one at the Bellagio in Las Vegas!)
The Dubai Ice Arena:
- Home to the Emirates Ice Hockey League which is made up of 5 teams: the Abu Dhabi Scorpions, the Al Ain Vipers, the Dubai Mighty Camels, the Abu Dhabi Ice Hockey Club, and the Al Ain Ice Hockey Club
- Skating lessons are available throughout the day as well as free skate sessions. A great place to let the kids spend time while you clean out the stores!
- The rink is Olympic size and features stands, benches and locker rooms.
(Below: Video I took of the arena in action. The rink is Olympic size and they offer skating lessons and free-skate sessions throughout the day)
Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo:
- The world's largest viewing glass at 104 feet wide and 26 feet high (32 meters X 8 meters)
- 85 species and 400 sharks and rays combined
- 33,000 individual animals living in the aquarium
For more information and ticket information visit the Dubai Aquarium website
(Below: The Dubai Mall boasts a massive aquarium and the world's largest viewing window. You can even scuba inside the tank if you want!)